Monday 11 June 2012

Bee-ing with your family

A bee sampling a flower from the Pin-cushion Hakea in our front yard
The catch-cry of the The Early Years Learning Framework is the 3 B's, which stand for Belonging, Being and Becoming.  
click here to find out what this is 
Quite soon after adopting the EYLF at my current workplace, we starting using cute pictures of Bees when producing documents for families regarding the 3 B's, mostly because cartoon pictures of Bees look oh-so-cute :)

One of the things that has become crystal clear to me since Sophie's death is how much emotional energy I wasted everyday.  For example, getting irritated when someone pinched a parking place I'd been waiting for, or criticizing another person's driving if they forgot to indicate or made some other small error.  All that sort of stuff really-does-not-matter.  I have resolved to spend more time being in the moment and being with my family, my children in particular.  I have been being in the moment with them in things that they are interested in.  Like building a cubby house with Nicole from pruned branches today.  Or doing excavation work in the sandpit with Keith and his Tonka trucks.


I am really enjoying how I spend my time these days, and I'm confident that what I'm spending my time on are the things that really matter in life.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely reflections. It's true, when a tragedy happens, or ill-health or we are truly challenged in some way, we work out what is really worth worrying about. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete